House of Harlot is fortunate to have worked with a wide range of talented and inspiring designers from the worlds of fashion, film and entertainment.
We are based in Central London, UK. Our specialisation is working with glued Latex Rubber sheeting. We bring a strong and creative design ethos to this technique, and couple it with excellent pattern cutting, and immaculate manufacturing standards, creating all our output in our own studios in London’s fashionable East End. We are able to manage large and small orders, with the right energy to turn around time-critical projects to meet tight deadlines. The in-house team has more than 60 years experience making clothing between them.
We work with:
ACNE • Agent Provocateur • Balenciaga • Calvin Klein • Christian Dior • Comme des Garcons • House of Holland •
Hussein Chalayan • Illamasqua • John Galliano • Julien MacDonald • Luella Bartley •
Marc Jacobs • Martin Margiella Couture • Meadham Kirchhoff • Mulberry • Nicole Farhi •
Oscar de la Renta • Raf Simmons • Sonia Rykiel • Stephen Jones Millinery • Top Shop Unique •
Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show • Vivienne Westwood •
FILM AND TV PROJECTS
During 2013, House of Harlot has worked on the films Jupiter Ascending starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum, Divergent starring Kate Winslet, ZeroTheorem starring Christoph Waltz and Melanie Thierry and My Mistress starring Emmanuelle Beart. We have created many costumes for television productions for the BBC and for independent television companies.
Jupiter Ascending. Directors Andy and Lana Wachowski, costume designer Kym Barrett. We made over forty latex catsuit costumes in a very tight time frame, co-ordinating with Serena Fiumi, assistant to Kym Barrett, and some of the most complex designs we have ever had to make. Lana Wachowski was particularly impressed by our output.
Divergent. Director Neil Burger, costume designer Carlo Poggioli. We have worked with Carlo on several projects over the years, and he came to us for some latex coats for cast members and for Kate Winslet.
My Mistress. Director Stephen Lance, costume designer Angus Strathie. We made a custom designed latex catsuit and other items for actress Emmanuelle Beart playing the role of a dominatrix in this Australian production.
Zero Theorem. Director Terry Gilliam, costume designer Carlo Poggioli. Another project with Carlo. We made sexy latex nurse and dominatrix costumes for Melanie Thierry, as well as latex hoodies and jackets for other cast members including Ben Whishaw, Peter Stormare and David Thewlis.
Land of the Blind. Director Robert Edwards, costume designer Phoebe DeGaye. We made costumes for Lara Flynne Boyle and Tom Hollander’s characters, arrested while engaging in a sexual scene. Lara’s was a skin-tight green gown with inflatable breasts, while Tom had some pink bloomers….
DOOM, The Movie. Director Andrzej Bartkowiak, costume designer Carlo Poggioli. We made a variety of items, including rubber body bags and lab coats for Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Director Tim Burton, costume designer Gabriella Pescucci. As well as supplying the purple rubber gloves worn throughout the film by Johnny Depp, we also supplied the 600 polka dot pink aprons and hats worn by the ladies of the Salt’s Nuts factory and a surgical gown for Christopher Lee.
• Madam Tussauds • Athens Arena • Glyndebourne Opera • English National Opera • Samsung • MTV • Pirelli Calendar •
Sony Playstation 3 Campaign •
• BBC Hyperdrive series • BBC Jonathan Creek • BBC Ruby Wax Show • CBBC Dick and Dom in da House • Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy •
Harry Hill Show, Avalon Television • Film Four Frightfest • Al Murray, Avalon Television • Playboy TV • Hat Trick Productions •
Diary of a Callgirl • Ragdoll Productions; In the Night Garden • House of Lies/ FOX Showtime • BBC Ideal /Johnny Vegas • BSkyB Gotta Dance •
X Factor • La Plante Productions •
- Beyonce…………………Green Light and 2007 Tour
- Lady Gaga……………….Alejandro Video
- Scissor Sisters………….Any Which Way Video
- Dita von Tease…………..Various Projects
- Jordan/Katie Price……….Eurovision Costume (!)
- Frank Farian Productions….ZZ Queen Video 2011
- Liberty X……………….Just a Little Video and Tour 2013
- Christina Aguilera……….Not Myself Tonight Video
- Christina Aguilera……….Candyman Video and Rolling Stone Cover
- Marilyn Manson…………..Kerrang Awards 2001
- Grayson Perry……………Various projects and outfits
- Misery Guts Music/Tigerlillies….Inflatable Punch and Judy project
- Rihanna…………………Who’s That Chick Video
- Gwen Stefani…………….American Music Awards 2006
- Madonna…………………Filth and Wisdom Film